Friday, October 21, 2011

Walls, separate

These are the four wall sections. I took the sketchup file and just separated the walls  and took all my measurements from that, it worked great because it was all planned out before hand. The framing is the only thing I really thought through on this project, everything else was trying to accomplish a basic functionality and look while making it up as I went along. I turned to the internet for most all of the research, especially for learning basics of framing and roofing. I think that for these walls I used those heavy duty ratcheting straps to hold the basic frame together while I nailed everything in place. That helped as I moved around to make sure everything was square. I think the main thing I focused on was getting correct measurements and making sure everything was square, because then at least the basic structure would be sound and a solid foundation.




No comments:

Post a Comment